Our client, a highly sophisticated and well-funded cybersecurity startup, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist its executives in finding a versatile legal counsel to be the second attorney in their growing enterprise. Our client is backed by top-tier venture capital and the team hails from commercial and cybersecurity industries as well as government intelligence and defense agencies. The Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel, depending on seniority, will report directly to the General Counsel and may be located anywhere in the United States. The successful candidate will have 5+ years of in-house and/or law firm experience, and will provide a wide array of legal guidance on global projects affecting privacy and security matters, commercial transactions, product counseling, employment issues, and compliance. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, preferably with experience in a startup environment.
- Serving as a key legal advisor to the information security, product, data, sales, and engineering teams;
- Developing, managing, and implementing privacy and data management policies, procedures, and documentation;
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, data licenses, vendor contracts, reseller contacts, software licenses, and partnership contracts;
- Ensuring contracts are compliant with internal policies and applicable laws and regulations;
- Creating and updating contract templates and playbooks, and maintaining contract management systems, processes, and standards;
- Supporting the General Counsel on employment law matters and human resources escalations; and
- Driving continuous improvement in the company’s legal and corporate operations to create efficient and scalable processes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- D. or equivalent and an active license to practice in the state of residence;
- 5 + years of experience with at least 2 years, preferably, as an in-house attorney;
- Experience with data privacy laws, regulations, and incidents, including GDPR and CCPA;
- Experience drafting and negotiating client and vendor contracts, including data protection-related contracts;
- Outstanding spoken, written, and social communication skills with an ability to effectively explain complex legal concepts and give actional legal advice;
- A strong work ethic and follow-through to drive high-value projects to completion; and
- Attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.