Our client, a rapidly growing, privately held video technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a seasoned IP/patent attorney who closely collaborate with a cross-section of licensing teams including executive management, the Board of Directors and sales. This professional will report to the General Counsel and will be instrumental in advancing the company’s global IP licensing program. Our client will consider relocation candidates.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing a strong working knowledge of company’s industry-changing innovations and technologies and broad intellectual property portfolio
• Working collaboratively with the Legal, Sales, Engineering and Finance teams to research, negotiate, and close patent licensing deals.
• Creating methodologies and conducting research to identify potential IP licensees.
• Directing negotiations with potential licensees.
• Developing relationships with new and emerging businesses in relevant industries.
• Reporting on status of licensing efforts to the Management team.
• Some international travel.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 7+ years of IP/Patent experience with at least three years of experience in patent licensing/sales.
• Demonstrated history and success working in successful licensing programs in the consumer electronics industry (which may include software, hardware and video).
• Strong understanding of the U.S. and international patent legal systems.
• Ability to analyze and interpret licensing agreements and other legal documents.
• Network of contacts within one or more relevant industries above.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate within the organization as well as with outside parties.
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
• Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and business judgment.
• Preferred: law degree, admission to practice in the U.S., preferably California Bar admission.
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an executive management team and board of directors and have a material impact on the success of an organization. With this role comes tremendous responsibility, decision making authority and strategic vision. For those craving a leadership role, this is it. Location is amazing and the office space is highly desirable.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.