Our client, a multi-billion dollar technology leader and highly sought-after employer, has exclusively engaged Solutus to assist the Company in its desire to add a patent attorney to join its award-winning legal department. The successful candidate will support the company’s IP functions. S/he will be responsible for building a strategic patent portfolio and advising on all IP-related matters as the company develops its next generation technology. This attorney will work closely with the Company’s technical and business organizations to protect its innovations. This position is based in the Company’s Boulder, Colorado location.
This attorney will have 8-10 years of experience in intellectual property law, including drafting and prosecuting patent applications in hardware and software technologies. An undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required. USPTO membership is required as well
- Implementing and help defining the company’s patent portfolio and strategy to firmly align with the Company’s business priorities
- Working closely with engineering teams to identify and harvest strategic inventions
- Managing outside counsel in the filing of new patent applications before the USPTO and in prosecuting active patent cases
- Conducting and leading validity analyses and infringement analyses
- Supporting IP transactions
- Supporting IP due diligence
The following qualifications are required:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- JD with at least one state bar membership (Colorado or California preferred)
- USPTO registration
- 8-10 years’ experience in intellectual property law, including drafting and prosecuting patent applications in hardware and software technologies
- Strong background in SaaS and in software patenting in the US and internationally
- Open source experience preferred
- Strong personal communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong work ethics
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to thrive in a high performance and fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize effectively and execute quickly with excellent judgment
- Solution-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a dynamic company and the highest caliber legal department. The role is compelling and is fitted with a great deal of responsibility and autonomy.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.