Our client, OYO, a hospitality unicorn and one of the fastest growing late-stage startup companies in the world, is seeking to add a Head of Litigation to its growing legal department. Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained on this highly coveted engagement.
The Head of Litigation will manage and lead the company’s litigation and dispute resolution matters. Reporting to the company’s U.S. General Counsel, this attorney will help set and guide the company’s litigation and dispute resolution strategies. S/he will possess at least 15 years of legal experience directly handling and managing high stakes litigation in several of the following areas including commercial litigation, consumer protection, government investigations, class action defense, municipal litigation, contract disputes, intellectual property, product liability, employment, environmental law and real property disputes. Experience in the hospitality industry is a strong plus, but is not required.
The successful candidate will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the role, as s/he and the executives confront new legal challenges during the company’s continued expansion. Prior experience in a hypergrowth company as well as experience advising and interacting with top level management is required.
Superb interpersonal skills are a must (enthusiastic, can-do attitude, collaborative, gets along with others, thick-skinned, great manager, responsive, proactive). The demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people from diverse professional backgrounds in a rapidly scaling environment is critical. An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a high scale growth environment is also required.
The following substantive skills are required:
• Hands-on Litigation Skills (e.g., risk assessment, discovery, trial and ADR experience)
• Litigation Management
• Managing Outside Counsel
• Experience in several of the following substantive areas: commercial litigation, consumer protection, government investigations, class action defense, municipal litigation, contract disputes, intellectual property, product liability, employment, environmental law and real property disputes.
• Advising Executive Management and Business, Product and Finance Stakeholders
• Case Budgeting and Controlling Legal Expenses
• 15+ years of legal experience
• Top law firm training
• In House experience at a hypergrowth company
• Strong strategic business acumen with business oriented legal solutions
• Proven track record of strong negotiation, communication, organizational, and management skills
• Ability to communicate complex legal issues to company executives easily, succinctly and in a logical and organized manner.
• Collaborative work style
• JD from a well-regarded law school
• California Bar, or RHIC (In good standing)
This is a one of a kind opportunity for a seasoned litigator to join a company poised for greatness. With its visionary founder, superb management team with a keen eye for disruption and heavyweight investors (SoftBank, Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners to name a few), the sky is the limit for OYO and its team.
Solutus Legal Search is proud to have been exclusively retained to assist our client with this special engagement. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com.