Our client, a rapidly growing software company with marquee investors, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for the company’s first in-house attorney. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a world-class team and work across the business, with a particular focus on business-oriented legal guidance on a wide variety of issues.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 9-15 years of experience practicing law in the technology space, including tenure at a reputable law firm and as an in-house attorney;
• Experience at a SaaS, cloud computing or enterprise software company;
• Experience advising sales, product development, marketing and operational teams on issues related to cloud software, including contracts, privacy, data security, intellectual property, and marketing;
• International (EU) experience;
• Experience working in a fast growing environment;
• Impeccable legal and business judgment and an ability to quickly risk-assess and prioritize;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels;
• An ability to communicate complex issues, both written and oral, with ease;
• Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and take on tasks both big and small;
• A collaborative approach with no ego in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
• Strategic sense to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis;
• Strong desire to be impactful;
• Excellent ability to prioritize effectively;
• A JD, admission to the California Bar, and an excellent academic record. Local candidates only (Northern California).
Responsibilities will include:
• Partnering with executives in the organization to drive business forward;
• Structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including sales, subscription, partnership, and inbound/outbound agreements;
• Counseling on privacy, data protection, and compliance issues;
• Designing and building processes to facilitate legal support of the company’s operational teams;
• Building out the legal team over time.
Cultural fit is essential. If you possess the following qualities, you’ll be a great fit with the team: Low ego, humble, hungry, intellectually curious, open, honest, authentic, vulnerable, direct, positive, upbeat, transparent; and builder.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is headed for greatness. Compensation is competitive, hours are good, people are awesome, and the career opportunity is compelling.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.
Ref. # 486-SLS