Our client is a product builder, machine learning researcher, investment professional and business leaders determined to create a better way to manage our financial lives. The future of finance is technology—relentlessly user-focused, elegant, bordering-on-magical technology. The team is driven by the opportunity to apply deep tech to help people enjoy more successful financial lives. And they believe they can have fun doing it.
The executives have exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist in their hunt for a world-class legal executive and product leader. Reporting to the Co-Founder (one of the nicest people you will meet), this attorney will be the first legal hire in the organization and will perform a diverse role with an emphasis on product matters. The company is headquartered in Mountain View and the position will be located locally. Some in office presence will be desired at the appropriate time.
About The Role/Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will help the team think through and build compliant, legally sound products and services. There’s a lot to do, and the executives are looking for an experienced legal counsel who can jump in and build with them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Advising team members on relevant legal issues of the business
- Advising on products and features from conception through development and delivery
- Overseeing internal policies
- Managing risks in business operations and decisions
- Drafting legal papers, contracts, agreements, and other legal documents as needed
- Applying abstract principles of law to the concrete facts of a case or situation
- Protecting patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property
- Assisting in the preparation of responses to regulatory investigations and supporting litigation requests
The ideal candidate profile
- 10+ years of relevant attorney-level experience
- Experience as a product counsel helping to build new products, preferably in the Financial Services/FinTech industry
- Experience with technologies and legal issues relating to the development and offering of a range of financial services
- Experience advising clients in all aspects of product development, including privacy, technology, security, IP, and consumer protection matters
- Experience working closely with and advising product or engineering teams
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently, strategically, and with sound judgment
- Familiarity with the stages of product development
- Business acumen
- Ability to work in startup, fast-paced, scaling environment
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in the United States
For those who want to work with the best and brightest professionals set out to move investing to the next modern level, this is the role for you. Our client and its product are on the frontiers of innovation and are seeking a legal executive who is passionate to be part of it.
Compensation is excellent.
This is a fantastic opportunity and Solutus Legal Search is thrilled to be working with the company on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.