Our client, a highly successful AdTech company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives with their desire to add its Global Head of Privacy to their growing legal team. This attorney will report directly to the General Counsel and will manage a team of privacy professionals.
The Global Head of Privacy is a leadership role within the the company’s legal department. This attorney will be the company’s lead privacy attorney and will manage the privacy function across the globe. This attorney will work closely with engineering, product, security, sales, marketing and other teams to manage legal risk and compliance with global privacy laws and regulations. Our client is seeking an attorney who is passionate about privacy issues and who will effectively lead the development and implementation of strategies and initiatives that focus on building a world class privacy program and developing privacy and data protection as a core value for the Company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a wide range of subject matter expertise on privacy, security and data protection
- Working with teams worldwide on various privacy and security initiatives
- Partnering with legal team colleagues on cross functional projects with privacy implications
- Managing a global Privacy Operations and Compliance team
- Drafting external privacy notices and disclosures, and managing/updating internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global privacy laws
- Providing guidance and interpretation on legal requirements to the engineering and product teams with respect to existing and new product features and functionality for privacy-by-design initiatives
- Responding to customer and employee questions about their individual data rights and the Company’s processing activities
- Drafting data protection impact assessments
- Analyzing privacy law developments and providing analysis and guidance for implementation into business processes
- Counseling commercial teams and business partners on data protection related provisions in contracts
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in and familiarity with the AdTech industry
- Extensive experience advising on global data privacy regulations and laws
- Deep knowledge of CCPA, CPRA, GDPR, and the ePrivacy Directive
- A working understanding of the Australian Privacy Act, HIPAA, and PIPEDA
- Foundational knowledge of key security programs such as SOC2, ISO, and HIPAA
- The passion to drive and support the Company’s privacy initiatives
- Impeccable legal and business judgment and an ability to quickly risk-assess and prioritize
- Excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- An ability to communicate complex issues, both in writing and orally, with ease
- A collaborative approach
- CIPP/E and/or CIPP/US certification
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and professional team player who is detail-oriented, enthusiastic, diligent, resourceful and wants to be part of a close and collaborative team. Law firm and/or in-house experience in advertising, technology, privacy, and data protection is highly desirable. Candidates with AdTech experience are required.
People can work remotely and after 2 years, the company will review how things are working out with the remote situation – at that time, candidates can choose a major hub with which to be affiliated: San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Los Angeles.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.