Our client, an international social network and media company, is seeking to add a Global Head of Legal to lead eCommerce, a new division for the high-growth company. The position will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
The successful attorney will lead a group of 20+ attorneys and grow the expanding team dedicated to the eCommerce global efforts. This is a leadership and impactful role, with the opportunity to manage exciting global legal issues with a dynamic and innovative company.
- Serving as the lead eCommerce attorney globally.
- Leading, managing, and continuing to build out a growing team of eCommerce legal professionals within Global Legal.
- Providing strategic legal counseling for eCommerce matters with a focus on consumer protection, business-to-business, and business-to-consumer engagement, advertising, influencer marketing, and intellectual property.
- Supporting the business in understanding and complying with legal and regulatory requirements when launching new products, features, and initiatives globally.
- Partnering closely with local and international stakeholders in legal, privacy, and public policy, to deliver projects against short timeframes, setting appropriate priorities and managing legal risk.
- Developing internal policies and processes to increase the legal practice's efficacy and efficiency.
- Providing strategic legal guidance to executives and business clients on key growth initiatives.
- Working closely with company leaders in other disciplines, including compliance, public policy, communications, HR, and other global, regional, and subject matter legal teams.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent) with membership in good standing in a US State Bar.
- 15 plus years of legal experience; preferably with substantial in-house experience at a company that provides an eCommerce platform.
- Deep understanding of eCommerce business models.
- Familiarity with data privacy law.
- Expertise in privacy, intellectual property, and other legal domains germane to counseling the development of a complex and regulated social media and entertainment platform.
- Experience advising on digital platforms, including e-commerce platforms and online marketplaces across a broad range of commercial workstreams, with an understanding of the developing regulations.
- Extensive experience in leadership roles, including as a team builder who can successfully manage teams and employees at all levels.
- A passion for creating a modern legal organization that combines people, process, and technology for maximum scale.
- The ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, including the C suite.
- Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Base compensation for this role is $320,000- $492,800. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units. Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including: a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Preference is for a candidate to be able to work out of the Company’s Seattle headquarters, but the company is also open to candidates located in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. The company is willing to pay relocation costs for the right candidate.
This is an opportunity to work on a platform that inspires creativity and brings joy to its creators and viewers. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work with a highly talented and committed legal team which fosters the opportunity to learn, innovate and grow while working on cutting-edge legal issues. Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained for this wonderful assignment. Interested candidates, please submit your resume to email@example.com. All resumes submitted directly to our client will be re-routed to Solutus for evaluation.
Please note: We receive a high volume of applicants for our in-house opportunities and will be unable to personally respond to each applicant unless there is a viable fit for the role. We sincerely thank you for your understanding.