Our client, a leading sales and marketing agency, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for a General Counsel.
The General Counsel will support our client’s flourishing business and provide legal counsel at all levels and serve as an integral part of the executive team. This is a hands-on role. The General Counsel will advise on nuanced and multi-faceted matters and complex transactions, and negotiate, draft, and manage key commercial contracts with the goals of facilitating our strategic growth and minimizing risk.
This position is currently remote, but we anticipate that it will convert to a hybrid position working out of the headquarters office at least two (2) days/week.
What will you do in this position?
- Provide timely expert counsel and advice related to complex transactions and matters across various industries, including new ventures, client sales campaigns, labor and employment matters, regulatory compliance and general corporate structure and organization.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and manage a wide variety of commercial contracts related to a diverse array of transactions, including joint venture agreements, service agreements and vendor agreements
- Counsel business leaders on corporate policies, contractual rights, and day to day operations
- Keep up to date and advise on relevant legal developments; proactively identify and recommend organizational and operational changes and courses of action based on legal developments and contractual obligations
- Manage commercial litigation and pre-litigation disputes with a problem-solving mindset
- Lead small internal and well-respected legal team; recommend and implement legal operational efficiencies, including templates and process improvements
- Retain and manage outside counsel as needed
- Some anticipated domestic and international travel
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and as needed for the legal health of the organization
- JD, member of CA state bar (or Registered In-House Counsel) and have about 10+ years’ experience. Combined law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Significant experience negotiating commercial transactions and drafting and managing related contracts; analytical thinker with broad substantive legal knowledge
- Practical, solution-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude
- Natural inquisitiveness and a hunger to continuously develop through new challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences effectively, strategically, and diplomatically. High EQ and sound judgment are a must.
- Ability to manage high volume of diverse legal matters under tight deadlines
- Well-honed management and leadership skills, with the ability to provide clear direction and personally manage timelines and multiple projects
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.