Our client, a Series B real estate/finance technology startup company has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist the C-Suite with their search for a business savvy General Counsel to provide legal guidance to the company’s fast-growing business. This attorney will report directly to the CEO and will manage a small team.
The General Counsel will be responsible for the negotiation and management of customer contracts, insurance matters, employee relations and board matters. This attorney will ensure legal compliance on M&A activity and consumer protection and will oversee corporate governance. S/he will also manage employment, IT, real estate and vendor contract matters. IPO or SPAC experience is a strong plus, but is not required. Our client is strongly partial to candidates in the SF Bay Area, but will consider strong candidates in Los Angeles, CA
The Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10+ years of law firm and inhouse experience, ideally in the Real Estate, Mortgage or FinTech industry
- Experience in one or more of the following practice areas: real estate, lending, mortgage, corporate finance, finance regulation, commercial letters of credit
- Legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our client has earned multiple awards and has cemented a winning reputation with an A+ from the Better Business Bureau. The company offers a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and a 401k plan as well as numerous other appealing perks.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained for this highly desirable search. Interested candidates please submit your resumes to email@example.com. Do not submit resumes directly to our client - as they will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.