Our client, a publicly traded med device/technology company has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives with their search for a superb General Counsel. This top legal executive is a strategic member of the Executive Leadership Team and head of the corporate legal department. S/he will report directly to the CEO and will serve as the key corporate governance interface with the Board of Directors. This attorney will also be an influential leader in the organization and will manage legal, compliance and risk matters. S/he will manage a small legal team as well. As a top executive and leader in the organization, The General Counsel will be required to be in office each day. Some travel required.
The ideal candidate will possess prior public company GC experience or will be a strong #2 in their legal department with corporate securities and governance experience. Experience with medical device/MedTech capital equipment is ideal, but our client will consider public company experience in other industries.
- Strategic Business Partner: Partner with Executive Leadership Team in the development and execution of the company’s strategic plans.
- Board Interface: Function as the secretary to the Board of Directors and provide coordination support as required. Ensure smooth and seamless operation as well as board governance remains in complete compliance to all requirements.
- Legal Matter Oversight: Assess various legal matters and offer counsel to Executive Leadership Team members that minimizes risk/exposure while maximizing potential benefit to the company. Negotiate, draft, and execute corporate agreements and contracts aligned to our strategic plans and desired outcomes. Engage appropriate external resources as needed to provide expertise and adequate resources to prosecute / litigate matters as needed.
- Public Company Compliance: Partner with the CFO and their team to develop and execute a plan which ensures complete and timely compliance to all public company filings.
- Regulatory Compliance: Review all Advertising and Marketing materials as well as Sales Promotions and Sales Model programs to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Enterprise Risk Management: Work across functional areas to assess the various enterprise risks for potential disruption to the business as well as the extent of the potential impact upon the business. Partner with specific functional leaders to identify and implement mitigation strategies and track performance of these improvement efforts.
- Corporate Policy and Procedures: Partner with fellow C-Level Executives and Human Resource team members; the GC will lead efforts to identify policy requirements (new policy or modification) make recommendation for change and once approved draft, execute, train, and monitor compliance.
- Business Development – Partner with CEO, CFO, and members of the Board of Directors to identify, assess, negotiate, and close business deals which advance the company toward its strategic goals. Additionally, collaborate directly with commercial team members to structure Go-to-market models with adequate protection to the company while increasing our recurring revenue mix.
Culture is fantastic and our compensation is competitive.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained as the recruiter of choice for this coveted search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review.