Not every company will inspire you. Not every company will have a promising future. But when one does emerge, you take notice. Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained to conduct the Executive Vice President, General Counsel search for such a company.
Our client, a billion and a half+ dollar publicly traded renewable energy company seeks to add a world-class lawyer to serve as its top legal executive. The successful candidate will be considered a highly valued business partner and will report directly to the CEO, with close interactions with other top-level executives and the Board of Directors. S/he will also serve as an integral member of the Company’s core management team.
The General Counsel will be responsible for all legal affairs of the Company and will provide the highest quality legal counsel to the CEO, Board of Directors and other senior management. S/he will also serve as a strategic business partner who will collaborate with other senior leaders to accelerate the growth and evolution of the Company. In addition, this attorney will manage a high quality and robust legal department.
The successful candidate must possess strong business acumen and have the ability to translate difficult legal principles into practical and effective business solutions – quickly and decisively. Our client requires a savvy, confident, detail-oriented and experienced General Counsel with prior public company General Counsel experience.
Superb interpersonal skills are a must (great communicator, positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude, gets along with others, quick thinker, responsive, secure and confident). The demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people from diverse professional backgrounds in a fast-paced environment is critical. In addition, excellent credentials and admission to at least one U.S. State Bar (in good standing) are required.
Experience & Qualities Required
- 18+ years of legal experience
- Prior public company General Counsel experience
- Knowledge/familiarity of the following additional substantive areas: corporate securities, governance, project finance, real estate, joint ventures, procurement, supply chain, employment, commercial transactions, IP strategy and management, litigation management.
- Ideal, but not required: Experience in large, complex financial arrangements to facilitate the consumer financing of solar systems.
- Substantial experience interacting with top-level management and Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully grow and manage a legal department
- Strong strategic business acumen with business oriented legal solutions (not a box checker)
- Expertise in effectively managing a company legal budget
- Proven track record of strong negotiation, communication, organizational, and management skills
- Quick thinker
- Flexible and Collaborative work style
Our client believes in driving a brighter, sustainable future for all and its team members are inspired to be key part of this mission. They are seeking a General Counsel who is inspired to do the same.
Unique General Counsel opportunities like this do not arise in this legal market often. Our client offers a very competitive and attractive compensation package, which reflects the importance of this role within the Company.
Solutus Legal Search is proud to have been exclusively retained to assist our client with this special engagement. Interested candidates must submit their resumes to our firm at email@example.com. Any candidate contacting our client directly will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.