Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Attorney (Part-time Contractor) (Austin, TX or Remote)
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained by our client, a leading early-stage venture capital firm investing across North America, to assist the company in its search for a high quality mid-level attorney. This lawyer will report directly to the firm’s Managing Partner/Founder.
Our client invests in Seed, Series A, and "pre-seed" stage companies building defensible and scalable, Internet software and services businesses outside the Silicon Valley. The firm invests with exceptional entrepreneurs to provide their earliest institutional funding and works with them side-by-side to help launch and scale their new ventures. As operators and entrepreneurs themselves, the firm’s VCs roll up their sleeves and work with entrepreneurs in all parts of their businesses that need additional resources –- product development, customer development, business development, operational infrastructure, recruiting, and fundraising.
Our client is seeking an experienced startup attorney, initially on a part-time contract basis with the potential for growth into a full-time position. You will function as part-time general counsel to the firm and have responsibility across a variety of legal and administrative tasks, including:
- representing the firm on investments into startup/emerging growth companies
- interfacing with firm back office and finance resources
- Management of all financing rounds for each portfolio investment, including: cap table analysis; drafting term sheets; and transaction document negotiation
- Working closely with investment partners and outside counsel
- 4 to 6+ years of experience advising investors, start-ups and emerging growth companies in a top emerging companies law firm practice
- Deep familiarity with venture capital financing documents, including convertible notes, SAFEs, Series Seed and NVCA documents.
- Transactional experience, including drafting agreements, negotiating with opposing counsel, leading teams on legal due diligence and closing transactions
- Demonstrated ability to lead deal teams and transactions from inception through closing
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (including cap table, exit waterfall, and other relevant financial modeling)
- Experience with venture capital funds and applicable securities laws, including the Investment Company Act and Investment Advisers Act, a plus
- Experience with Cryptocurrency offerings, a plus
- Bar membership in good standing
Hours: Flexible; expected 10-15 hours per week to start
Location: Austin, TX or remote
Competitive hourly compensation rate.
Solutus has been retained as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates please submit your resume and indication of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes sent to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.