Our client, a global leader in IP asset-backed financing and IP asset acquisition, is seeking to hire an experienced intellectual property attorney to serve as a senior member of the firm’s IP Group. This role has worldwide focus, high visibility, and manages teams of professionals dedicated to IP asset monetization, strategy and protection.
The successful candidate will be based at the company’s San Francisco office and will assume a leadership role in several of the firm’s business lines. Responsibilities are multi-faceted and include the following: (i) the valuation of patent assets and the licensing strategy of those assets, ii) establishing a corporate structure and process for IP asset evaluation and managing the company’s team of corporate and intellectual property professionals (iii) ensuring maximum protection of the company’s intellectual property rights and interests, (iv) coordinating on IP litigation strategy and execution, and (v) litigation and finance oversight. This individual will function at a senior level and will enjoy a high level of visibility among the senior ranks of executive management. Compensation and title are competitive and commensurate with directly relevant experience.
• The successful candidate will have 10-15+ years of intellectual property experience including
patent litigation, intellectual property portfolio management, patent prosecution and patent
• Strong understanding and experience with patent valuation, standards, pools and risk management.
• Deep knowledge of technologies (software, wireless/semiconductor/networking/infrastructure,
mobile and others).
• Strong business acumen and knowledge of finance mechanisms.
• Admission to a state bar (California preferred) and a J.D. from a leading law school
• Meaningful in-house experience in an IP leadership and management role (however, a pure patent
litigator with experience identifying and protecting patents on the plaintiff’s side will be
• A technical degree and admission to USPTO.
• A history of successfully working with complex structures and the ability to manage large
volumes of transactions and deal flow and triage accordingly
• Strong people management experience, including managing a team of employees, employee
development and mentoring and accountability
• Budgeting and P&L experience related to specific business lines concerning IP assets (licensing,
• An ability to quickly prioritize as well as execute while exhibiting a sense of urgency, superb
judgment and professional wisdom
• Adept at discussing technical concepts in detail with technologists and in plain English to
• Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, including diplomacy and flexibility
• Ability to work autonomously and receive feedback
• Acute attention to detail; must “roll up one’s sleeves”
• Appropriately adapts communication and management style to achieve results and promote positive
• Ability to collaborate cross functionally, and with all levels in the organization
• Highly motivated, results driven and accountable; ability to manage responsibilities with a
sense of urgency, while remaining focused on quality
• Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to influence and motivate others to achieve peak performance
• A team player
Solutus legal Search has been exclusively retained to assist our prestigious client for this engagement. Interested candidates please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes or overtures sent directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.