Our client, a recently public and thriving company (recognized as one of the “Best Places To Work”), has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a Director level product attorney. Reporting to the Vice President of legal, this attorney will have an integral role with the development of new products for the organization. This attorney will also closely partner with the product, technology and business operations teams to deliver innovative and customer-focused products and services to enable scalable growth for the company.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience counseling on product development through the entire product lifecycle, and/or experience working closely with product management teams, marketing and engineering
- Familiarity with mobile, and alternative payments, emerging payments technology and the payments industry
- Relevant experience with and a desire to learn about launching innovative products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the payments, financial services or fintech space
- Excellent communication skills and a team-oriented approach with the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with business partners, customers and management
- Intellectual curiosity, a desire to have a big impact and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Partnering with product teams to understand product, engineering, design, and operational implications of new products, particularly payments related products
- Reviewing new products, from early stages of development through launch, to assess legal compliance and provide practical legal and compliance risk mitigation strategies
- Guiding product and operations teams on navigating payments regulations and network rules, data protection and privacy laws, consumer protection laws, etc.
- Coordinating and collaborating on cross-functional teams to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risk
- Drafting clear and concise terms of service, privacy notices, legal disclosures and disclaimers, product policies, and disclosures, and implement related processes
- Provide sound and practical business judgment, intellectual curiosity, comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity
- Staying up-to-date and keeping stakeholders advised on laws, regulations and trends relevant to technology, financial services and payments, money services businesses, data protection and privacy, advertising and marketing, and consumer protection
Our client’s culture is humble, fun, fast-paced, and roll-up-your sleeves. Employees are authentic, passionate about what they do, and dedicated to the company’s mission and product. The legal team is a fantastic group who work well together and possess mutual camaraderie and respect.
Solutus has been exclusively retained for this special search engagement. Interested candidates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus.