Our client, a publicly-traded clinical biopharmaceutical company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for an experienced attorney to join the Company’s legal team. This attorney will report directly to the Vice President, Legal and will assume leadership responsibility for negotiating and finalizing contracts with a focus on clinical trial agreements for the Company’s clinical studies. The successful candidate will have substantial experience negotiating all manner of business contracts, including global clinical trial agreements, as well as experience with related data privacy regulations.
The successful candidate will provide thoughtful legal support to the Company’s clinical operations team. Responsibilities will include:
• Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and amending contracts in support of the company’s clinical development programs;
• Providing legal review of informed consents and related clinical documents;
• Implementing data privacy laws and requirements in global clinical trial contracting;
• Supporting the Company’s clinical operations team;
• Establishing contracting parameters and procedures to ensure the consistent and timely delivery of high quality agreements compliant with company policies;
• Advising stakeholders on contract terms, interpretation and implications, dispute resolution and legal and business risk mitigation;
• Managing the Company’s contracts management system, and monitoring metrics related to legal contracting;
• Thinking strategically about the Company’s approach to clinical contracting and spearheading continuous process improvements.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced attorney with excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry. The following background is strongly preferred:
• 10+ years of legal experience; with at least 5 years direct experience negotiating contracts, with an emphasis on global clinical trial agreements;
• Global privacy experience (as components of clinical trial agreements and informed consent)
• JD required; licensed to practice law in the U.S.;
• Detail oriented and highly organized;
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team;
• Able to prioritize and respond quickly to changing needs;
• Outstanding written and verbal skills;
• Personable and able to interact positively with study site personnel and external parties.
The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative and intellectually challenging environment, be a self-starter capable of working independently, and will enjoy the thrill of supporting the advancement of clinical stage product candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with people at all levels, have a meaningful impact and contribute to the growth of the Company.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.