Our client, a well-funded, rapidly growing technology company seeks to hire a Director of Legal. This person will lead the legal function for the company and report to the CFO.
The Director of Legal will be responsible for all responsible for all legal affairs of the Company and will provide the highest quality legal counsel. The successful candidate must possess strong business acumen and have the ability to translate complex legal principles into practical and effective business solutions – quickly and decisively. Our client requires a savvy, confident, detail-oriented and experienced counsel in a startup environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least eight (8) years of experience, preferably in high-growth technology companies. This person will be able to handle a broad array of legal matters. They will have strong experience negotiating SaaS transactions and handling issues related to privacy, data security, and intellectual property. They also will have a firm understanding of corporate legal issues, including corporate governance and strategic corporate transactions (M&A). Both domestic and international experience are highly preferred.
The candidate must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the California Bar. A mix of law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Own all aspects of the Legal function.
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts related to, among other things, master service agreements, vendor contracts, and other commercial agreements.
- Support and advise sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations, including creating and maintaining playbooks and templates that streamline the sales process.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders including all internal functional leaders.
- Provide counsel on corporate governance matters and support the Board of Directors in preparing, managing and implementing corporate governance and related policies.
- Stay up-to-date and keep the team advised on external governance trends, general legal issues, and best practices.
- Provide support for M&A transactions, including work on deal structure and LOI terms, planning and assisting in due diligence, drafting and negotiating deal agreements, and actively managing deal process and execution.
- Help address global employment matters in collaboration with the People Ops team, including country-specific employment arrangements, proprietary rights protection, non-compete arrangements, immigration matters.
- Advise on employment, equity plans and executive compensation matters.
- Partner with Finance on evolving the company’s enterprise risk management function and insurance and tax matters.
The successful candidate will excel in working in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment, and have the ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of the team. They will have a strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior customer experience. Leadership experience and experience building a legal team are preferred.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.