Our client, a well-known publicly-traded entertainment technology company has retained Solutus Legal on an exclusive basis to assist the executives in their search for an employment lawyer to serve as the Director of Legal and Business Affairs (Employment) in the company. The attorney will work closely Legal and cross-functional teams advising on global employment legal matters.
The successful candidate will have 5 – 7+ years of broad-based employment experience including employment counseling with a strong understanding of California and federal employment law. Prior in-house experience strongly preferred, but our client will consider law firm associates as well. Strong written and communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively in a cross-department, cross-functional role.
• Provide advice and counsel to HR team on a broad range of employment issues including: hiring; performance management; discipline and separations; reorganizations; wage and hour compliance; contingent worker/contractor issues; medical accommodations; leaves of absence; and other employment-related matters.
• Draft and negotiate employment, settlement and separation agreements.
• Review and provide guidance on the development of HR policies and procedures globally.
• Provide guidance to Employee Relations function on internal HR/compliance investigations.
• Advise on complex/sensitive employment matters and help resolve matters through pre-dispute resolution and/or positioning the company for potential employment litigation.
• Manage employment-related claims and litigation, including managing outside counsel and responding to administrative charges, complaints, attorney’s letters, settlement demands and claims globally. Negotiate appropriate resolutions to claims and other pending matters.
• Monitor employment-related legal developments and engage proactively to drive compliance and implement risk-mitigating strategies.
• Assist with preparing, reviewing and implementing training programs.
• Provide advice and counsel on international labor and employment framework and practices in connection with our client’s expanding international business and operations.
• Support M&A activities involving employment matters, including overseeing employment related due diligence, assisting with employment, consulting and/or severance arrangements, and assisting with on-boarding of new employees.
Our client hires strong lawyers who enjoy collaborating with their peers. Though the lawyers have expertise in an area, they are not siloed and jump in to assist in supporting other areas of the business. This results in natural cross-functional training, as well as an amicable work environment.
An excellent compensation package including strong benefits is offered with the role..
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.
Ref. # 529-SLS