Our client, a well-known and thriving publicly-traded technology company has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist the Legal Department in its search for a Director of Business and Legal Affairs (Corporate Counsel) attorney. This is a Director level position.
The successful candidate will have 8 - 12 years of broad-based corporate and transactional experience both domestically and internationally. The successful candidate will have experience with corporate governance and public company SEC reporting as well as a demonstrated ability to lead a variety of matters.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with domestic and international cross-functional teams on international corporate governance matters, including advice regarding the application of and compliance with applicable domestic and international statutory structures, legal support for international entity formations, capital infusions, changes in entity names and corporate purposes, dissolutions and restructurings.
- Advising on domestic corporate governance matters, as well as compliance with applicable securities laws, SEC regulations and Nasdaq stock exchange rules.
- Assisting in providing legal support for corporate communications and investor relations, including reviewing press releases, white papers, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Assisting with transactional matters, such as M&A, joint ventures, and debt and equity financings.
- Assisting with SEC reporting and securities compliance matters, including support in connection with the preparation of periodic reports and the proxy statement.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements with service providers, vendors, landlords and other third parties.
Our client hires strong lawyers who enjoy collaborating with their peers. Though the lawyers have expertise in an area, they are not siloed and jump in to assist in supporting other areas of the business. This results in natural cross-functional training, as well as an amicable work environment.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills are required. In addition, this attorney will be well organized and hardworking, with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. Strong academic credentials are required.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.