Our client, a well-known publicly-traded technology company has retained Solutus Legal on an exclusive basis to assist the Legal Department in its search for a Director of Business and Legal Affairs (Corporate Counsel) attorney.
The successful candidate will have 8 - 12 years of broad-based corporate and transactional experience both domestically and internationally. The successful candidate will have experience with corporate governance and public company SEC reporting as well as a demonstrated ability to lead a variety of matters.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with domestic and international cross-functional teams on international corporate governance matters, including legal support for international entity formations, dissolutions and restructurings.
- Overseeing corporate governance compliance for all international and domestic entities.
- Assisting with transactional matters, such as M&A, joint ventures, and debt and equity financings.
- Providing legal support for corporate communications and public relations, investor relations, facilities, insurance and risk management.
- Assisting with domestic corporate governance matters, including support in connection with preparations for Board of Directors and Stockholder meetings.
- Assisting with SEC reporting and securities compliance matters, including support in connection with the preparation of periodic reports and the proxy statement.
Our client hires strong lawyers who enjoy collaborating with their peers. Though the lawyers have expertise in an area, they are not siloed and jump in to assist in supporting other areas of the business. This results in natural cross-functional training, as well as an amicable work environment.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills are required. In addition, this attorney will be well organized and hardworking, with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.