Our client, a well-known and thriving publicly traded technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to find an exceptional attorney to serve as the Director, Legal and Business Affairs Employment.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs and will have 8 to 12+ years of broad employment counseling experience with a strong understanding of California, federal, and international employment law. Prior in-house experience is strongly preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate is an attorney who is able to thrive and lead in a fast-paced and innovative environment, and who can work collaboratively and cross-functionally on simultaneous projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Counsel the HR team on a broad range of issues, including hiring, performance management, discipline and separations, reorganizations, wage and hour compliance, contingent worker/contractor issues, medical accommodations, and leaves of absence.
- Advise on global mobility and immigration matters.
- Counsel on international labor and employment practices to support the Company’s global business and operations.
- Support M&A activities, including employment/HR related due diligence, consulting and/or severance arrangements, and assistance with on-boarding of new employees.
- Provide guidance on the development of HR policies and procedures globally.
- Monitor employment-related legal developments and engage proactively to drive compliance and implement risk-mitigating strategies.
- Draft and negotiate employment, separation and settlement agreements.
- Advise on complex/sensitive employment matters and help resolve matters through pre-dispute resolution and/or positioning the company for potential employment litigation.
- Manage employment-related claims and litigation, including managing outside counsel and responding to administrative charges, complaints, attorney’s letters, settlement demands and claims globally. Negotiate appropriate resolutions to claims and other pending matters.
- Assist with preparing, reviewing and implementing training programs.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation package, including equity, along with other excellent benefits.
Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.