Do you love the cutting-edge world of Privacy? Are you a leader who loves working with teams and serving as the go-to expert on all things Privacy? If so, this is…hands down…the perfect role for you!
Our client, a market-leading technology company with an award-winning legal department has exclusively engaged Solutus Legal to partner with the executives in its search to hire a specialist in privacy and data protection in cloud-based operations and services. This specialist will have 8-10+ years of relevant experience. S/he will be part of the legal team and will report to the company’s Chief Privacy Officer/Vice President of Legal, but does not need to hold a J.D.
This expert will be the company’s face for customers and partners worldwide on global data privacy issues and regulatory compliance. This role will provide a highly visible platform for privacy issues critical to digital transformation. The specialist will also act as a privacy and data protection evangelist and develop the company’s strategy and vision in that domain. The ideal candidate must possess deep experience as a privacy and data protection expert, including prior work that had external visibility in the technology sector.
- Speaking for the company to customers, partners and at industry conferences and other events, on global privacy and data protection laws and regulatory frameworks, including GDPR.
- Conducting customer workshops with the company sales and technical teams and helping to develop business opportunities.
- Providing thought leadership and published content to deepen and broaden the company’s prominence in its sector.
- Partnering with the data privacy counsel in the Legal Department for interactions with Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) worldwide.
- Building and training a network of speakers who can communicate effectively with customers and partners about privacy and data protection topics, and how the company products support customer data privacy initiatives.
- Leading efforts to ensure the company has a consistent message around privacy and data protection with customers and partners.
- Coordinating the development and delivery of privacy and data protection workshops and other customer-facing engagements.
- Advising on privacy and data protection terms and conditions in contracts and agreements.
- Collaborating with diverse internal teams on the company’s privacy and data protection programs, policies and compliance requirements and obligations.
- Participating in the development of employee training on privacy and data protection issues, and the use of company products.
Privacy certification from IAPP CIPP/US or non-US equivalent is required.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly qualified privacy professional to work at the forefront on cutting-edge issues in a quickly developing high-visibility field.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates must submit resumes to Solutus at email@example.com.