Our client, a cutting edge, late-stage private cybersecurity and IT systems management platform, has exclusively engaged Solutus Legal to assist the executives with their search for a skilled, business-oriented technology and commercial transactions attorney. This company empowers many of the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their networks.
The ideal candidate will possess 3 – 6+ years of technology and commercial transactions experience. Experience with data privacy and security issues is a plus. In-house experience is valued, but our Client is also interested in law firm associates from high quality law firms with experience counseling clients on matters related to commercial and tech transactions.
The right person for this role will have the following attributes/skills: a high level of motivation, proactive work style, exceptional work ethic, strong interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player, comfort in a fast paced environment, ability to multi-task several transactions, excellent business judgment including the ability to balance legal risk with business objectives, highest integrity and ethical standards.
• Drafting, analyzing and negotiating agreements, including:
o Partner agreements – reseller, OEM (inbound and outbound), managed security service provider agreements, NFRs, technology integration agreements, joint marketing
o Procurement agreements – agreements with SaaS providers, professional services agreements, software license agreements, other IT related agreements
o Real estate transactions (leases) experience is a plus
• Developing and revising template agreements and playbooks to ensure compliance with changes in the law and the company’s business.
• Managing the contract life-cycle process from drafting through post-execution. Work with other team members to improve efficiency of contract life cycle process.
• Working with outside counsel on international contracting matters.
• Partnering with sales, finance, tax and other stakeholders to ensure contract compliance with law, policies and risk profile.
• Serving as an escalation point for issues from customer and procurement contracts teams.
• Assisting with projects outside of immediate area if expertise, as needed.
This position will provide the successful candidate with the immediate opportunity to positively impact the business and become a contributor to the Company’s success. The company culture is team-oriented and collegial. Compensation is competitive and includes bonus and equity. Local candidates (San Francisco Bay Area) only.
Solutus Legal has been engaged on an exclusive basis to conduct this search. Interested candidates must submit their resumes directly to Solutus for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.