Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively engaged by our client, a leader in financial process automation for small businesses and mid-size companies, to assist the company in hiring a bright, motivated and experienced Corporate Paralegal to join its outstanding legal team. The company partners with many of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70% of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and major accounting software providers and it was recently recognized as one of the “2018 Best Places to Work.” This position will manage and assist on a variety of corporate legal matters for the organization as it continues to scale.
The successful candidate will possess 7-10+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal at Am Law 100 law firms or late-stage private and public companies. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the management of the corporate governance function; assist with SEC filings including Section 16 filings, SEC periodic reports, investor communications and related matters and maintain calendar of required filings.
- Prepare Board and committee meeting materials, resolutions, minutes, written consents and other corporate documents;
- Communicate with Board members and stockholders for board and shareholder consents and regulatory disclosures;
- Maintain corporate records and state filings for parent company and all subsidiaries;
- Support the team in the coordination of complex legal, compliance and regulatory matters;
- Perform legal research as requested;
- Assist with oversight and implementation of corporate policies;
- Provide paralegal support during audits and examinations.
Prior experience with the abovementioned responsibilities in a law firm or in-house setting is required.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and ideally a paralegal certificate. S/he will be a team player with a positive and collaborative attitude, a strong sense of the importance of attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and excellent judgment (knowing when to escalate issues to an attorney). S/he will be able to interact effectively with people at all levels of the company and will have the willingness to roll up sleeves and pitch in where needed. Local candidates only (San Francisco Bay Area).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a small legal team in an impactful and diverse role. Our team has known the legal team for several years. This is a phenomenal group and one that would be a privilege to work with. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including equity.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.