Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively engaged by our client, the leading business payments network in the US, to assist the company in hiring a bright, motivated and experienced Corporate Paralegal to join its outstanding legal team. This Company is the business payments choice of 4 of the top 10 U.S. banks; leading account software providers; and over 60 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms. It has been the recipient of more than 70 awards, including being recognized as an “Editor’s Choice” in one of the leading industry publications.
The Corporate Paralegal position will manage and assist on a variety of corporate legal matters for the organization as it continues to scale. The successful candidate will possess 7-10+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal working with mid-to-late stage start-up companies. Key responsibilities include:
• Support the team in the management and coordination of complex legal, compliance, regulatory and administrative activities;
• Maintain corporate records for parent company and all subsidiaries, including capitalization records;
• Prepare Board and committee meeting materials, resolutions, minutes, written consents and other corporate documents;
• Communicate with Board members and stockholders for board and shareholder consents and regulatory disclosures;
• Work directly with outside corporate legal counsel on financial transactions, due diligence and corporate reporting;
• Manage the stock option plan and stock agreements;
• Handle all state corporate filings for parent and subsidiaries; maintain calendar of required filings;
• Manage company database of contracts;
• Assist in responding to liens, subpoenas and other litigation-related matters;
• Perform legal research as requested;
• Assist with oversight and implementation of corporate policies;
• Provide paralegal support during audits and examinations.
Prior experience with the abovementioned responsibilities in a law firm or in-house setting is required.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and ideally a paralegal certificate. S/he will be a team player with a positive and collaborative attitude, a strong sense of the importance of attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and excellent judgment (knowing when to escalate issues to an attorney). S/he will be able to interact effectively with people at all levels of the company and will have the willingness to roll up sleeves and pitch in where needed. Local candidates only (San Francisco Bay Area).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a small legal team in an impactful and diverse role. Our team has known the legal team for several years. This is a phenomenal group and one that would be a privilege to work with. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including equity.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.