Our client, a newly public, cutting-edge medical device company, seeks to hire a Corporate Counsel to join its small and growing legal team. This attorney will be responsible for advising on corporate and securities matters, including transactional support for internal stakeholders and will partner cross functionally with Legal, Finance, Accounting, People Operations, and Investor Relations.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 4 - 7 or more years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house advising public companies. A combination of law firm and in-house experience is a plus. Experience with securities laws (33’ and 34’ Act), SEC reporting, corporate compliance, and corporate governance is required. Experience with capital markets transactions is a plus. Experience with managing and improving processes is highly valued.
Our client’s headquarters are in the San Francisco Bay Area. This attorney can work remotely but should have the flexibility to accommodate the Pacific time zone.
- Provide legal advice and support for SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and Proxy Statement
- Assist with annual stockholder meeting
- Advise on investor relations and communications matters, including review of earnings announcements, earnings scripts, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications, internal communications, and other materials
- Manage compliance with Nasdaq requirements, insider trading policy and Section 16 and 10b5-1 programs
- Provide support relating to corporate governance issues
- Provide support for capital markets transactions
- Help to develop, implement, and continually improve company and team processes and procedures
- Work on special projects as needed
Our client seeks a go-getter with the ability to quickly build rapport cross functionally. This person will be highly organized with the ability to work successfully both independently and as a member of a team. This person will have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task as needed. The company is extremely collaborative. Positive collegial working relationships are highly valued. Our client holds numerous awards for their work environment including Best Company for Women, Best Company Culture, Best Company for Happiness, Best Company Outlook, and Best CEO for Diversity. Compensation is competitive and includes an attractive equity package. Title and compensation will be determined by years of relevant experience.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.