Our client, a leading developer and manufacturer of ultra-pure light lasers and optoelectronic products, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a talented corporate counsel to help the Senior Vice-President and General Counsel with all legal matters including corporate governance matters, corporate entity management, IP portfolio development, public company SEC filings, and other legal matters as requested. This position reports directly to the General Counsel and is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to become a well-rounded in-house attorney. You are an ideal fit for the role if you are excellent attorney with tremendous capability, intelligence and integrity, and who is highly motivated to drive immediate impact across the company.
- Assist the General Counsel with public company SEC and related filings.
- Support compliance processes and policies including export control, code of business conduct, and insider trading policies.
- Support corporate governance processes, including general recordkeeping, preparation of board and committee meeting resolutions, consents, minutes, and other materials.
- Support international corporate governance, international registration, compliance and management of subsidiary entities both domestic and international.
- Working with the company’s Director of Intellectual Property, manage and promote the development of the company’s IP portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4+ years of experience as an attorney either at a law firm or at a multi-national technology company.
- A JD and active membership in the California state bar.
- Experience in one or more the following substantive areas:
- SEC and stock exchange reporting and requirements, including preparation and filing of 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, Section 16 reports and 1934 Act filings
- Corporate governance matters
- Compliance matters
- Intellectual property
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and present complex ideas simply and understandably to employees at all levels as well as to our Executive Management Team
- An ability to create clarity and bring focus and direction to the most important priorities that will drive the biggest impact, mitigate the most significant risks, and deliver the greatest return on the investment of time and resources.
- A proven track record of empathy, collaboration, mutual respect, and is someone who genuinely cares about the people they work with.
- Intellectually curious, humble (no task is too big or too small), and maintains a positive, can-do attitude.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.