Our client, a late-stage private company that is a leader in cloud infrastructure automation, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist the company in its search to add a talented and energetic commercial counsel to its growing legal team. This person initially will report to the General Counsel and will advise the company’s sales and business teams globally on all aspects of the business, with an emphasis on contract drafting, review and negotiation, as well as compliance with local laws, including data privacy laws. The company is in rapid growth mode and this is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, and this is a remote working opportunity for someone based in the East/Southeast region of the United States.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting Sales, Partner and Customer Success organizations in structuring commercial transactions, and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
• Supporting business teams in structuring transactions, and drafting and negotiating agreements with vendors.
• Advising business teams worldwide on legal compliance, including on data protection and privacy issues.
• Working closely with other stakeholders throughout the organization, including finance, sales ops, tech ops, other internal teams to provide contracting expertise
and ensure consistency and compliance with company policies and processes.
• Advising senior management and business clients on aspects of law globally and transactions of all types.
• Assisting in updating contract templates, drafting global corporate policies and processes, ensuring regulatory requirements are adhered to and developing training
materials on relevant topics such as the contracting process and data privacy and legal compliance in the sales and contracting processes.
• Other duties may include advising on general corporate, vendor relationships and risk management issues.
Requirements / Skills:
• 4-7 years of relevant legal experience, in a software company and/or in a law firm, counseling rapid-growth technology companies.
• Accredited law degree from a highly-regarded school
• Admission to the bar and a current license in one or more states.
• Knowledge of subscription technology industry; experience with open source software preferred.
• Substantive experience with drafting and negotiating complex legal agreements (sales, procurement, NDAs, M&A, ELA, others); experience with other internal company
functions or areas of law is desired (such as intellectual property or privacy).
• Substantive experience with commercial technology transactions.
• Substantive experience dealing with/collaborating with Sales, Sales Management, Executive team on complex contract negotiations.
• Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
• Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
• Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision, while adapting quickly to a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
• Practical yet creative problem-solving approach that emphasizes addressing business needs while protecting the company’s interests.
Our client is looking for a motivated attorney with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation for this exceptional opportunity. The company embraces diversity and equal opportunity. It is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and believes an inclusive culture makes a better company. Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.