Our client, a leading renewable energy company, and one of the world’s largest solar module producers, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist the executives in their search for an experienced Corporate Counsel/Senior Corporate Counsel (DOE) to join its growing legal team. The ideal candidate will be a generalist and have experience supporting manufacturing operations for multinationals. The Corporate Counsel will report to the General Counsel, Americas and will act as a lead transactional lawyer supporting the company’s new US module manufacturing facilities and operations in the United States.
- Advising and assisting on commercial transactions for the manufacturing business, including real estate and construction contracts, vendor agreements and supply chain related agreements.
- Managing corporate housekeeping for the company’s US manufacturing subsidiary.
- Working closely with internal and external trade compliance professionals to ensure that components and raw materials can be timely imported and that issues that arise are effectively addressed.
- Working with internal regulatory and EHS compliance teams to develop legal policies, processes and procedures for the US manufacturing business.
- Providing proactive, timely and effective legal advice and analysis relating to risks faced by the business.
- Coordinate and supervise outside counsel on an as-needed basis and with a view to balancing legal costs with business goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A J.D. from a reputable law school and strong academic credentials.
- Licenced to practice law in the State of Texas or in another US jurisdiction with the ability to become licensed in Texas.
- 7+ years of legal experience, with a combination of large law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Experience advising manufacturing businesses, with a general transactional background. Supply chain, Labor and employment, real estate and/or construction experience is a plus.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to effectively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgement, and work with senior management, outside counsel and state and local officials.
- Have a team-first attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Be a leader, i.e. take ownership of matters, direct outside counsel, and drive innovation within the legal department and in concert with commercial leaders to achieve the company’s goals.
- Be willing to travel on occasion to meet legal and business needs.
Compensation is attractive and includes an annual target bonus and generous benefits package including a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical, dental, life, disability program, PTO and sick days. Actual individual pay is determined based on experience, qualifications, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.