Our client, a highly regarded public technology company has engaged Solutus Legal on an exclusive basis to assist the company in its search for a top corporate attorney. This attorney will report to the VP of Corporate (who is fantastic!).
The ideal candidate will possess 3 - 5 years of securities, compliance and governance experience. Top law firm experience servicing emerging growth and publicly-traded technology companies is required. Our client is also interested in law firm associates with top start-up corporate practices. Local candidates only (San Francisco Bay Area). Compensation is competitive.
• Prepare, draft, advise and review corporate securities and SEC reporting and compliance matters, including SEC periodic reports, proxy statements and registration statements. Includes: advice on Regulation S-K, Regulation FD, Non-GAAP measures disclosure and risk factors.
• Prepare, file and manage Section 16 filings.
• Oversee preparation of annual proxy statement, including preparing executive compensation tables and managing outside vendor relationships (transfer agent, advisory firms) and planning and execution of the annual stockholders meeting.
• Support Stock Administration on equity incentive plan administration.
• Manage and lead global equity compliance and issues. Advise Stock Administration on global equity matters.
• Collaborate with investor relations department in engagement with stockholders on governance matters.
• Support insider trading compliance program, including advice on trading windows and 10b5-1 plans, providing clearances for trading, and ensuring compliance with Section 16 filing requirements.
• Provide legal support for Company’s conflict minerals program.
• Provide legal support for Treasury activities, including share repurchases, corporate finance and capital market transactions.
• Advise on governance matters, including governance guidelines and policies, independence and related party transactions matters, and Board committee charters.
• Manage the Company’s compliance pre-approval processes. Includes Anti-Corruption Policy and Conflict of Interest.
• Support the Company's Board of Directors, including preparation of Board and committee materials and meeting minutes.
• Oversee subsidiary maintenance and ensure compliance with corporate law requirements for domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including inter-company transactions.
• Maintain corporate governance documents on external website.
• Participate in strategic projects, financings, transactions and initiatives, as required.
• Support merger & acquisition activity across the organization.
Culture fit with our client and the legal department is essential. This lawyer must have the proven ability to develop collaborative working relationships with internal partners and external customers. The successful candidate will also work efficiently and independently with confidence and manage his/her own workload. In addition, s/he must possess excellent strategic, organizational and presentation skills, business acumen and sense of awareness and confidence to successfully negotiate deals and work with the legal team and other cross-functional teams.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a high-quality company in an important role. Our client offers an attractive compensation package for the qualified candidate.
Solutus Legal has been engaged on an exclusive basis to conduct this search. All interested candidates must submit their resumes directly to Solutus for consideration to email@example.com. Resumes bypassing Solutus and submitted directly to our client will be redirected to Solutus for consideration