Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for an outstanding attorney to join its legal team, supporting contracts, licensing and technology transactions. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel & Senior Director of Legal Operations, this role will operate within a very collaborative, highly performing and inclusive legal team that delivers world-class legal services to the company and to business partners. The company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility. The role is based at the Company’s headquarters in Oakland.
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of general commercial agreements, including SaaS and other technology agreements
• In collaboration with the Senior Corporate Counsel, draft and negotiate brand licensing agreements, alliances agreements, and other forms of joint development efforts in respect of the international business; partner with internal business teams to monitor compliance with alliances agreements
• Work with Legal Services leadership, other attorneys and staff on departmental matters
• Develop and implement legal training for business partners
• Assist in other project management work and work on special projects in the corporate legal team as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3-4+ years as a practicing attorney at a top tier law firm, with experience advising on corporate and commercial matters, including drafting and negotiating agreements and direct interaction with clients. In house experience preferred.
• Broad experience in contract drafting and negotiation, including in the areas of procurement, services, consulting, logistics, international or other agreements, SaaS agreements and technology agreements and transactions, and trademark licensing transactions
• Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, diversity and pro-bono service and/or community involvement.
• JD degree and bachelors degree; top tier undergraduate and law schools
• Member of the California State Bar, or eligible to register under the California State Bar in-house counsel program
Skills and Abilities:
• Broad range of relevant legal experience, including the ability to identify, prioritize and resolve critical legal issues in real time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, particularly the ability to transform complex information into clear, concise and actionable communications for business partners.
• Willingness to learn and work on a broad variety of areas.
• Ability to work independently or within a team as required, including as part of cross-functional and cross-border teams.
• Self-starter with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to multi-task, handle unanticipated situations effectively and work well under pressure with tight deadlines to ensure timely and appropriate response to issues raised.
• Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Outstanding execution and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills and positive, enthusiastic attitude.
• Ability to identify and use the most efficient and effective legal resources to complete the work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.