Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a Corporate Counsel who will help support key corporate and transactional areas. This is a collaborative and business-focused role, with great opportunities for growth and advancement. The Company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility.
This attorney will report directly to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least five years of general corporate transactions, finance and M&A experience and advising on corporate legal matters;
• Demonstrated success at providing strategic counseling to business partners that takes into account legal considerations along with business goals;
• Experience at a top-tier law firm (in-house experience is a plus); and
• A JD, admission to the California Bar (RIHC is acceptable), and an excellent academic record. Local candidates only (Northern California).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Providing legal support for corporate transactional activities, including domestic and international merger, acquisition, divestiture and joint venture transactions.
This includes advising on legal risks, coordinating due diligence reviews, collaborating with cross-functional partners and transaction teams, drafting and negotiating
deal documentation and assisting with integration matters;
• Providing legal support for financing transactions and day-to-day legal support for treasury and tax matters;
• Managing and advising on governance, compliance and related matters for the Company’s corporate subsidiaries and joint ventures; drafting and negotiating documentation
and working closely with legal staff in maintaining subsidiary records;
• Supporting various international commercial maters, contracts and transactions;
• Providing counsel to senior management, as requested and assigned, including over time, acting as primary counsel as part of a division or unit leadership team;
• Working with Legal Services leadership, other attorneys and staff on department administrative matters;
• Providing training and mentoring to other attorneys and paralegals in the department;
• Developing and implementing legal training for business partners; and
• Assisting in other departmental work as needed
The successful candidate will have a great personality, be curious, be someone who loves the business, is flexible and is comfortable voicing their opinion and standing up for their recommendations. The Company is willing to consider flexible hours/working from home (2 days a week) arrangements. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great legal team at one of the most highly recognized and reputable companies in the world.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.