Our client, a publicly traded surgical robotics company headquartered in the Bay Area, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a talented corporate counsel to join the legal team and work on a variety of matters including commercial agreements, corporate governance matters, public company reporting, IP, employment, privacy, and compliance. This position will report to the Company’s Sr. Director, Associate General Counsel. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to become a well-rounded in-house attorney, take the next step in their legal career and become part of a dynamic, growing company helping people live better lives.
- Review, draft, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements, including sales agreements, licensing agreements, vendor contracts, marketing agreements, consulting contracts, professional services agreements, NDAs, and more. Administer the complete life cycle of the company's contracts (from initial request to final signature and contract distribution) in close coordination with the Sales Operations and Commercial team. It never gets boring!
- Assist as needed in all other aspects of the company’s legal work, including corporate governance, public company reporting, IP, employment, internal policy and controls, privacy, and compliance as a medical device company.
- Maintain, update, and organize company templates. Track and maintain contracts database and improve contract repositories.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-6+ years of experience at a nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house
- J.D. in good standing and active bar membership
- Exposure to or experience in structuring and drafting commercial contracts
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- Strong written and verbal communication and social skills
- Thorough when handling confidential business matters and information with discretion
- Strong judgment to understand and evaluate the impact of non-standard contractual terms
- Competent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software, as well as databases
- Self-starter with an ability to thrive in a high-paced environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling multiple matters, and adhering to deadlines
- Proactively contributes to the continuous development and improvement of the legal team and related processes
Do you strive to succeed in an accelerated environment? Have you demonstrated leadership as well as communication skills, diverse contracting, and transactional experience? Are you comfortable in a team setting and are excited by the opportunity to advise on issues covering multiple areas of law? If so, we’d love to chat with you!
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.