Our client, one of the largest vertically integrated cannabis operators in California, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search to add a top-notch corporate attorney to its legal team. This is a truly exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor at a rapidly growing company, in an evolving industry, tackle interesting and unique issues and work across the business on corporate matters, compliance and corporate transactions.
This attorney will be responsible for a variety of areas:
• Supporting M&A activity, including drafting and negotiating key deal documents, handling due diligence matters, attending to closing and post-closing integration matters;
• Advising on corporate governance matters, including providing support to the Board of Directors, maintaining corporate records and corporate governance policies;
• Advising on corporate securities matters and providing support on financing transactions;
• Researching and counseling on compliance issues;
• Collaborating with and managing outside counsel; and
• Providing legal support to and working with internal teams on a variety of legal matters.
The ideal candidate will have:
• a JD and admission to the California Bar (RIHC is acceptable). Local candidates only (Northern California).
• 5-8+ years of general corporate law experience at a law firm or in house, including M&A, venture/debt financing, initial public offering and corporate governance experience;
• Law firm associates will be considered;
• Cannabis experience is a plus, but is not required;
• Strong legal and business judgment and an ability to quickly risk-assess and prioritize;
• An ability to communicate complicated issues with ease, strong written and verbal skills and a keen attention to detail; and
• Comfort level working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact.
Our client has developed and shaped the legal cannabis industry since 2015, and has quietly become one of the best funded and largest vertically-integrated cannabis companies in California, with much more on the horizon. They offer competitive compensation, including equity and comprehensive benefits.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.