Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for an outstanding advertising attorney to join its legal team, supporting the brand, marketing and communications teams to drive develop and ensure compliance with advertising and marketing laws.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Director – Strategic Growth and Marketing, this role will operate within a very collaborative, highly performing and inclusive legal team that delivers world-class legal services to the company and to business partners. The company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility.
- Providing legal advice and counseling regarding product labeling, ingredients, and advertising to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, with a focus on the Company’s strategic new product growth initiatives.
- Counseling marketing, sales, R&D and regulatory teams on claims substantiation and risk assessments across diverse advertising platforms, including traditional media, as well as digital, social media, and behavioral advertising.
- Handling and assisting on advertising and consumer protection matters before the NAD and the Federal Trade Commission
- Counseling clients in regulations relating to the promotion and sale of regulated products, primarily EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Counseling on sweepstakes and promotions, endorsements and testimonials, competitive advertising, and sponsorships.
- Work with members of the Legal Leadership Team, and other attorneys and staff on other matters as needed.
- Oversight of paralegal work in support of product labeling, claims substantiation, marketing and advertising.Efficiently manage outside counsel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a practicing attorney in the areas of advertising, marketing and communications.
- Experience with U.S. regulations, industry guidelines, and self-regulatory standards for conventional marketing and advertising, including product claims, substantiation standards, sweepstakes and promotions, endorsements and testimonials, competitive advertising, and sponsorships.
- Experience counseling clients in regulations relating to the promotion and sale of EPA-registered disinfectants
- Experience counseling clients and providing sound legal and business advice on emerging advertising platforms, including digital, social media, and behavioral advertising.
- Working knowledge of trademark licensing considerations and brand protection measures
- Experience interacting at a senior level with business management teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great legal team in a highly impactful role at one of the most highly recognized and reputable companies in the world.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.