Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a Corporate Counsel – Licensing who will help negotiate and structure transactions relating to brand extensions and exploration of partnering opportunities. This is a collaborative and business-focused role, with great opportunities to be the Company’s go-to licensing expert. The Company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 5 years of experience advising and counseling clients and drafting and negotiating trademark license agreements and other complex commercial agreements, including technology agreements;
• Demonstrated success at providing strategic counseling to business partners that takes into account legal considerations along with business goals;
• Experience at a top-tier law firm (in-house experience is a plus); and
• A JD, admission to the California Bar (RIHC is acceptable), and an excellent academic record. Local candidates only (Northern California).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Partnering with the New Business Development unit and Office of Strategic Alliances to help develop business strategies, goals and operations, including advising on
strategic risks and structuring for significant partnerships and alliances; new business development ventures; and new channel- and technology-related development
projects, which may include international partnerships;
• Drafting and negotiating brand licensing agreements, alliances agreements, and other forms of joint development effort; Partnering with internal business teams to
monitor compliance with alliances agreements;
• Conducting diligence regarding potential partners and ensuring compliance with company policies and practices;
• Advising on issues relating to technology-based joint ventures and drafting and negotiating corresponding documents;
• Supporting various commercial initiatives and transactions, including M&A;
• Providing counsel to senior management, as requested and assigned, including acting as primary counsel as part of a division or unit leadership team;
• Drafting and negotiating other commercial agreements, including technology licensing and SaaS agreements.
The successful candidate will have a great personality, be curious, be someone who loves the business, is flexible and is comfortable voicing their opinion and standing up for their recommendations. The Company is willing to consider flexible hour/working from home (2 days a week) arrangements. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great legal team at one of the most highly recognized and reputable companies in the world.
Solutus legal has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.