Our client, a well-known and thriving publicly traded S&P 500 technology company has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist the Legal Department with its search for a Corporate Counsel (Corporate Securities/M&A) to join its corporate and compliance legal team as an integral member. This legal executive will report directly to the Head of Corporate.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of corporate experience. Inhouse or law firm associate with this background will be considered. This attorney will be responsible for a wide variety of corporate legal and compliance matters and will work closely with all members of the company’s global legal team and be a key liaison to other cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to work efficiently and independently and have an interest in multiple aspects of corporate legal and compliance issues. S/he must possess a positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with others and an understanding of the “soft skills” required to thrive in a cross-functional environment. S/he must also possess excellent strategic, organizational and presentation skills, and be willing to learn and have curiosity about new skills, areas of knowledge and what makes a global technology company tick. Experience with M&A transactions is also a plus.
- Assisting with SEC filings, with focus on the proxy statement.
- Providing support to the board of directors and its committees, including preparing minutes, resolutions, and meeting materials relating to Cadence’s governance and compliance policies and operations.
- Advising on ethics and compliance issues and supporting Cadence’s global ethics and compliance program to promote ethical and compliant corporate culture.
- Managing Conflict of Interest process, including review of pre-approval requests.
- Assisting with Anti-Corruption Policy compliance program.
- Advising on shareholder engagement and annual stockholder meeting matters.
- Supporting ESG / corporate social responsibility program.
- Representing the legal department on special projects for the company’s finance, tax and treasury functions.
- Supporting the company’s global equity program.
- Supporting the company’s M&A and strategic transactions activity as the need arises.
- JD and a minimum of 3 years of experience at a top-tier law firm and/or in-house at a public technology company
- Strong oral and written skills
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a high-quality company in an important role. Our client offers an attractive compensation package for the qualified candidate.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.