Our client, a beloved Bay Area multinational company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a Corporate Counsel who will play a critical role in the Company’s global compliance program and assist with domestic labor and employment legal issues. This attorney will report directly to the VP- Compliance & Assistant General Counsel. Our client has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility.
The successful candidate will possess:
• 3-6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney at a top tier law firm or combined law firm and in-house experience.
• Experience advising on compliance laws and regulations, including knowledge of the FCPA, UK Bribery Act and related anti-corruption regulations.
• Knowledge of trade sanctions, anti-money laundering, conflicts of interest, and other compliance-related regulations. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional certifications are nice to have.
• Labor and employment experience is a plus, but is not required.
• JD degree and bachelors; top tier undergraduate and law schools.
• Member of the California State Bar, or eligible to register under the California State Bar in-house counsel program.
• Continued implementation of the global compliance program and related policies and procedures. Driving global compliance program and initiatives, including investigation support, regional and local compliance initiatives and/or third party evaluation and monitoring, including with joint ventures and in emerging markets.
• Providing counsel on legal issues related to audit processes and systems to enhance identification of potential issues.
• Overseeing investigations of complaints concerning violations of company policies, laws, and regulations.
• Develop and provide employee training in the areas of compliance and labor and employment.
• Provide guidance to the Company’s Human Resources professionals on employment, human resources, and labor matters, including policies and procedures.
• Oversee labor and employment litigation, assist in the management of outside counsel handling employment matters and participate in investigation, discovery, motions, mediations, settlement and trial where appropriate.
• Advising on significant labor and employment decisions, legislation, and regulatory rulings that may affect the company’s business or policies.
The ideal candidate will possess unquestioned personal integrity and be seen as a role model for ethical principles and values of the Company and practices required by law. S/he will have excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information. Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills are required. This attorney will also be a self-starter and operate with a sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task. A commitment to inclusion and diversity is also a must.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.