Our client, a cutting-edge consumer finance technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus to assist in their hiring of a Contract Negotiator to join their small and growing legal team. Our client is looking for a high-energy experienced contract negotiator to jump into a lean and nimble team and handle a broad range of legal matters across the entire organization, primarily in the vendor contract and NDA context. This position is exciting because it offers the opportunity to get exposed to a unique product.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, drafting, structuring and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts including NDAs, service agreements, statements of work, software license agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other commercial agreements primarily on the purchase side
- Working closely with in-house lawyers with respect to contract terms and conditions relating to intellectual property rights, indemnification, warranties and liability limitations
- Extensive in-house client interaction and external vendor interaction, reviewing all aspects of a proposed transaction, identifying legal, financial and business issues, providing interpretation of contractual terms and guidance on potential legal and business risks as well as brainstorming solutions to complicated problems
- Communicating company and legal department policies and approval processes for contract changes to in-house clients
- Supporting the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and contract and approval processes, as well as training on such topics
- Special projects as requested
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 4-year BA/BS undergraduate degree
- 4+ years’ experience required in the area of negotiating contracts
- Strong ability to understand and apply legal, financial and business principles to contracting with vendors required
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex issues and processes quickly
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks quickly, accurately, and efficiently in a fast paced environment and under deadline pressure
- Superior communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Past experience with commercial agreements on the purchase-side required, preferably in a fast-paced internet company or in a law firm with fast-paced internet companies as clients
- Training or education in business, paralegal skills, negotiation, or legal writing desirable
Opportunities to join cutting edge, market-disrupting companies like this are rare. This role will provide the successful candidate with the immediate opportunity to positively impact the business and become an important contributor to the company’s success. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, and comprehensive benefits. Our client’s culture is fast-paced, respectful, and collaborative. The legal team is a highly valued partner in the business. The ideal candidate will thrive in such an environment.
Local candidates only (Northern California).
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.