Our client, a publicly traded, cloud-based customer services software company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in hiring an experienced compliance expert. The company is looking for candidates with a strong background in compliance management, and a commitment to providing guidance and support for the company’s legal, information technology, and privacy compliance programs. This position has a mission-critical responsibility for ensuring that the company’s operations and policies comply with U.S. federal and state laws, and international rules, and all applicable regulations. The successful candidate will have 5+ years of Software as a Service compliance experience. Telecommunication experience is a plus. The candidate must be comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and working with a variety of teams across the company.
The Compliance Operations Program manager will partner with the compliance and legal teams to deliver efficient and effective compliance operations. The Compliance Operations Program Manager will drive compliance related contract reviews, OFAC reviews, and subpoena evidence collection. The role will also closely partner with Product Legal to improve regulatory and industry standard compliance procedures including to ensure compliance with HIPAA/HITECH, PCI, ISO, our SOC2 control, OFAC, and telecommunication compliance. This role will also be responsible for telecommunication and privacy filings including US FCC filings, SAM registration support, international privacy filings and partner with the Five9 telecommunication team to support international telecommunications filings. This role will also facilitate and/or deliver training required to comply with applicable laws and regulations including annual company-wide compliance and privacy training and annual product development security training.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Oversee and monitor business and product security and compliance improvements supporting an effective controls environment.
- Provide training and education to management and staff on compliance requirements.
- Maintain and provide legal and regulatory compliance expertise and provide guidance to product and system enhancements in a manner which maintains and continuously improves company’s control environment.
- Prepare and file US and international telecommunications, privacy, and government compliance filings in collaboration with legal counsel. Specific work streams include, but are not limited to, Five9 US FCC filings and management of Five9’s SAM registration.
- Partner with legal to align and provide customer contractual language with Five9 security and compliance practices.
- Coordinate Five9 subpoenas, court orders and Five9’s lawful intercept program.
- Identify, request, collect and provide evidence identified and required by legal in support of lawful subpoenas and court orders.
- Oversee all OFAC operations for employees, vendors, and customers.
- Manage and facilitate regulatory agency communications and requests for information.
- Provide advice to ensure management of regulatory change and, when needed, development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- 5 years of industry and regulatory compliance experience.
- Industry certifications including ISACA CISA & CRISC, iAPP CIPT and ISO Certifications are a plus.
- A working knowledge of ISO27001, ISO27002, SOC2, PCI DSS, and NIST 80053 industry standards and controls to ensure compliance with standards.
- An understanding of privacy regulations including state and federal regulations (CCPA, CCRA, and HIPAA), and international privacy regulations (GDPR).
- Experience with US and international telecommunications law is a plus.
- Familiarity working with a global workforce and customer base across multiple time zones and various cultures.
- Self-motivated, energetic, excellent interpersonal, organizational, conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with a strong team of sales and other company business units.
- Ability to present complex ideas in easy-to-understand language.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple activities and manage high volumes simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high profile, cutting-edge company experiencing incredible success. Compensation is competitive and the career opportunity is compelling. Local/domestic travel is required 20% of the time on a regular basis for occasional team building or company events.
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained for this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.