Our client, a cutting-edge emerging growth consumer finance technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus to assist in their hiring of a Deputy Chief Compliance Officer to oversee its Consumer Protection Team.
The person is this role will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer and be part of a world-class compliance team which shares a passion for consumer protection. As a leader of the Consumer Protection Team, the person in this position will play a critical role in mitigating risk and protecting the company’s growth and success. The person in this role will have visibility with company executives and will be on the forefront of working on new products and processes, from inception to launch and market, in an exciting and impactful role, and will work closely with a cross-section of business teams.
The ideal candidate will have a B.A. and 8+ years of compliance or regulatory experience in consumer lending with a proven with a depth of knowledge and experience with consumer protection regulations including working knowledge of applicable laws including ECOA, FCRA, TILA, EFTA, GLBA, AML/OFAC, and related state laws. Prior experience in operationalizing a compliance program including developing and testing procedures, training, and managing third party relationships is essential. In addition, this person must have management experience.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Engage with company’s legal, product and operations teams on business changes
- Maintain a deep and up-to-date knowledge of company’s current and future product offerings, and compliance related issues
- Perform compliance risk assessments and develop action plans to mitigate risks
- Maintain, review, and operationalize compliance program to adequately address the needs of a consumer credit business, using data and technology whenever possible to efficiently implement policies, procedures, and monitoring activities
- Maintain up to date compliance procedures
- Oversee consumer complaint program
- Oversee ongoing transaction testing program
- Regularly report to senior management on compliance issues, recommendations, and progress
- Manage the Consumer Protection team
This role offers excellent growth potential and will provide the successful candidate with the immediate opportunity to positively impact business and become an important contributor to the Company’s success. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, comprehensive benefits and start-up perks. Our client’s culture is fast-paced, respectful, and collaborative.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.