Our client, a pre-IPO company, is the independent market leader in enterprise cloud applications for governance, risk, compliance (GRC), and quality management. Our client’s apps and software solutions improve business performance by strengthening risk management, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, audit management, vendor governance, and quality management for organizations across industries, including banking and financial services, health care, life sciences, energy and utilities, consumer brands, government, technology, and manufacturing.
Our client is looking to hire a Commercial Counsel to work at its headquarters in the Silicon Valley. The Commercial Counsel will be key member of a global legal team, supporting the sales and marketing teams in the Americas. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory requirements relating to cloud and SaaS contracts, licensing, data privacy and will have experience partnering with sales and channel teams to close deals. This position requires a self-starter and a business savvy team player who can effectively manage and negotiate deals with minimal supervision in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
• Review, draft and negotiate outbound SaaS/cloud services, software licensing, reseller and professional services agreements
• Be the negotiator and legal advisor to sales, business development and channels team and management to address and provide solutions to commercial issues during negotiations
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the sales organization, internal stakeholders and clients
• Effectively manage and prioritize multiple deals and agreements
• Review and negotiate inbound vendor agreements as needed
• As bandwidth permits, handle a wide variety of other issues and projects that arise in growing in-house legal departments
• Collaborate with the legal team and Deal Desk group to help update legal playbooks and contract templates
• Provide support and escalation to other team members on substantive legal issues such as data privacy
• Minimum of 4 years of legal experience, preferably law firm and in-house corporate experience, handling a variety of technology agreements, including SaaS and licensing
• Demonstrable front-line experience in drafting and negotiating outbound commercial contracts
• Strong organizational and relationship management skills working in a team environment
• Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience with SaaS, cloud computing, technology agreements and data privacy
• Good business acumen with an ability to balance legal and business requirements
• JD, member of the California State Bar
• Strong academic credentials from a top-rated accredited law school
Local candidates only will be considered at this time (San Francisco Bay Area).
Compensation is competitive. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a dynamic company and high caliber legal department. The role is compelling and is fitted with a great deal of responsibility and autonomy.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.