Our client, a multi-billion dollar corporate technology leader and highly sought-after place to work has exclusively engaged Solutus to assist the company in its desire to add a Commercial Corporate Counsel to its world-class legal department. This attorney will be an accomplished attorney with a strong background in structuring, drafting and negotiating agreements with vendors, partners and customers, is both results-driven and client-focused (internal and external), and is skilled at building and maintaining relationships.
This position reports to the Director, Legal, who partners with the Americas Sales teams, and it focuses on commercial transactional support with sales and business teams.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing outstanding legal support to sales and operations organizations
• Supporting commercial transactions and providing related advice
• Negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements, including without limitation customer agreements (master purchase agreements, software license agreements, professional services agreements and support agreements), and partner agreements (reseller agreements, distribution agreements and OEM agreements)
• JD with 5+ years of relevant in-house experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven drafting and negotiation skills
• IT industry experience strongly preferred
• In-depth understanding of hardware/software industry practices with ability to recognize and highlight revenue recognition issues
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with, and leading and motivating, department and functional colleagues and business clients to establish and execute on clear goals, objectives and priorities
• Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, provide expedient responses to inquiries and issues, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Strong time-management, analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills, with ability to think strategically and creatively. Ability to develop win-win solutions and to balance the interests of the customer or partner against the company’s interests
• Team-oriented, with a high level of integrity, responsibility and professionalism
• Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism
• A “Get Things Done” mindset and ability to find and present simple, practical and actionable solutions to complex problems
• Qualified to practice in at least one state, preferably New York or California
Our client seeks a sales-oriented counselor with excellent command of the law who is business savvy and capable of providing practical advice.
Compensation is competitive.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.