Our client, a rapidly growing late-stage healthtech startup has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives in their search for a Chief Legal Officer (CLO) to serve as the top legal executive in the organization. This attorney will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will manage a small, existing legal team. The CEO is based in Colorado, but this role is remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S.
The CLO will be a member of the Executive Team and will be responsible for advising the Chief Executive Officer, members of the executive leadership team and the Board of Directors on various critical legal and business matters. This attorney will lead the corporate function and will play an instrumental role in the IPO readiness phase of the company’s lifecycle. S/he will manage a variety of responsibilities including compliance, M&A, commercial/licensing and employment. Company culture is dynamic with a strong mission for good.
Experience in the healthcare/healthtech space is required. A background working with private equity and private equity backed companies is a strong plus.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Prior CLO/General Counsel experience supporting corporate governance issues, corporate and commercial contracting activities, healthcare compliance activities, and corporate secretarial duties
- In-house healthcare/healthtech industry experience
- Strong knowledge of contracting in a regulated industry. Excellent drafting and skills with an attention to detail
- Understanding of, and experience with the applicable regulatory framework
- Experience in strategic M&A activities
- Great negotiating skill, ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in both individual and group settings
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, manage a significant number of projects simultaneously and to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Expertise in working cross-functionally
- Management experience
Our client exists to make a positive difference in the lives of the community. They take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to its world-class company. This is a spectacular opportunity to join a special company making its mark in the most virtuous way.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.