Our client is a mission driven immuno-oncology company, made up of deeply curious minds and entrepreneurial teams of scientists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one outcome: to discover and develop breakthrough therapies that can unleash the power of the body’s immune system to treat and potentially cure cancer. They are passionate about the work they do every day to deliver on the promise of providing treatments to patients with unmet needs. Their culture of excellence, innovation and dynamism has allowed them to attract some of the world’s greatest thought leaders and industry experts to drive science to its greatest potential.
Our client is seeking an exceptional, experienced Chief Commercial Transactions Counsel with a broad skillset to meaningfully contribute on strategy and execution as the company prepares to progress its diverse clinical pipeline of differentiated immune-oncology products and prepare for its first commercial product launch thereafter. This role will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer.
This role is required to be onsite four days per week. Our client will consider candidates willing to relocate.
- Partner with senior management and various corporate functions (g.,Business Development, Clinical Operations, R&D, Regulatory, HR and Medical) to provide thoughtful, pragmatic legal advice, assess and mitigate risk, and design and implement legal strategy that aligns with and supports business goals and successes.
- Collaborate on business development, commercial contracts, licensing transactions, and research collaborations; lead legal due diligence activities for all transactions; and draft, review and negotiate deal-related documents.
- Manage and delegate within group timely, practical, and business-friendly drafting, reviewing, and negotiating high volume of commercial agreements, research collaborations and clinical trial agreements, among others.
- Collaborate with dynamic and collegial legal department.
- Maintain an understanding of applicable healthcare laws, regulations, and enforcement actions to identify emerging risks and advise management and other stakeholders as needed.
- Experience in life science and/or biotech compliance is a plus, including expertise in laws and regulations governing research, development, promotion, and sale of pharmaceutical products in the US and rest of world; keen awareness of the impact such rules and regulations have on commercial and clinical collaborations and appropriate communications in light of regulatory requirements in relevant markets.
- Experience with public securities law compliance and corporate governance is a plus.
- 10+ years of industry-related experience with a demonstrated in-depth understanding of transactions in biopharmaceutical or life sciences industry and the applicable legal and regulatory framework. Prior experience working in a law firm also a plus although not required.
- Significant legal experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating transaction, operations and/or commercial agreements for biotechnology clients.
- Excellent negotiation, oral and written communication, administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively evaluate legal exposure, manage risk and develop creative, client-focused solutions to achieve business goals within appropriate legal guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of the laws and regulations affecting the biologics and pharmaceutical industry.
- JD with at least one state bar membership and eligible to practice in Massachusetts.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.