Our client, a successful private equity sponsor focused on acquiring and operating real estate throughout the United States, has retained Solutus to assist the company in adding a business savvy lawyer with experience handling general corporate, commercial transactions, capital markets, and/or real estate matters. The organization is growing rapidly, and this position presents significant opportunities for mentorship and opportunity for advancement. This role will report directly to, and work closely with, the organization’s Chief Legal Officer.
- Lifecycle management (from structuring through execution) of various real estate, securities, and corporate transactions.
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, including creation and deployment of form agreements.
- Providing counsel to transactions, risk management, finance, accounting, investor relations, asset/property management, and other teams across the organization.
- As and when applicable, overseeing litigation, third-party subpoena responses, and regulatory or other investigations.
- Partnering with and managing outside counsel.
- Participating in legal department management including process implementation and improvement, budgeting, and strategic planning.
Our client’s culture is very attractive and blends a fast-paced work environment with work-life balance. The vibe is fun, friendly, and social. Professionals work closely with one another across all teams and integrate well. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and collegial company with the opportunity to quickly make an impact and gain responsibility.
The successful candidate will be dedicated and responsive, and someone who emphasizes practical, business-minded client service. The candidate must be outgoing, work well with others, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Self-confidence and professionalism are also important – as this individual will work directly with the board, shareholders, the Chief Legal Officer, and other senior executives on important matters that impact the enterprise at every level.
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation with the rest of the candidate pool.