Our client, a thriving AdTech company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to find an outstanding attorney to serve as Associate General Counsel, Product & Intellectual Property, reporting directly to the General Counsel. The company is looking for a candidate with 10+ years of law firm and/or inhouse experience, and two or more years of experience in the AdTech industry is strongly preferred.
The AGC, Product & IP will be the Legal Department’s primary interface with the Product and Engineering teams, and will lead the company’s efforts to protect intellectual property. The AGC, Product & Intellectual Property will:
- Lead the legal product compliance in collaboration with cross-functional internal teams to mitigate risk relating to privacy and data protection compliance, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Develop and manage global patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, and open source strategies to protect Quantcast’s investments in IP.
- Manage a team of junior and experienced IP professionals and provide guidance on IP issues to achieve business objectives.
- Other duties for the role include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of policies for Quantcast products and services.
- Partnering with Privacy Counsel and Commercial Counsel in support of product development.
- Staying current on legal and regulatory developments, modifying policies and procedures, and training appropriate business partners.
- Serving as a leading member of the Data Incident Response Team to identify, contain, and remediate data incidents.
- Acting as Co-chair the Open Source Committee to analyze and advise on proposed Open Source use.
- Identifying key legal risks related to product at a company-wide level, and develop company strategy.
- Improving Company organizational structure, culture, processes, and practices.
- Championing Quantcast’s mission and values.
The ideal candidate will be a busy-savvy problem-solver able to deliver actionable advice under pressure and in the face of shifting business circumstances and priorities. The successful candidate will be able to explain complex legal and regulatory matters to non-lawyers, and to fluently converse with engineers on technical and IP issues.
The company is based in San Francisco, but this position may be remote for up to two years, and then located in San Francisco or New York. Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.