Our client, a high-profile, consumer-facing, global technology company has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist the executives in their search for an Associate General Counsel to lead Product and Privacy. This senior level role will report directly to the General Counsel.
As the lead attorney for product and privacy within the company, this attorney will own global product counseling and privacy compliance efforts. Specific responsibilities include:
• Leading a team of product and privacy attorneys
• Advising the business on domestic and international laws and regulations related to consumer protection, payments, e-commerce, IP, tax, marketing, privacy and security
• Building out and maintaining the company’s privacy compliance program
• Advising and educating the executive team, including conducting trainings
• Supporting M&A and financing transactions, including post-close integration efforts
• Keeping the company at the forefront of the evolving regulatory landscape by staying up to date with peer company best practices and global regulation
• Developing compliance programs including roll-out and training
• Leading strategic planning and budgeting for the product and privacy function
The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set:
• 10+ years of legal experience at a global law firm and/or technology company in house legal department with relevant regulatory, product counseling or litigation experience
• Experience managing a team
• Experience developing, drafting and implementing compliance related policies
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience with the following would be nice to have: Payment processing and money transmission regulations; GDPR, CCPA and international privacy implementation; platform liability and risk management
The Company is thriving and its culture is second-to-none - fast-paced, innovative, team-oriented and collegial. The successful candidate will align well with these characteristics. This is a great opportunity to be part of an inspiring mission that is paying strong dividends in success. This role provides the right attorney with the opportunity to assume a leadership role with interesting work and a great deal of responsibility, help shape the growing legal department and work closely with senior leaders. The opportunity to make an immediate material impact is authentic and supported by the company executives.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this highly desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.