Our client, a well-known and thriving publicly traded S&P 500 technology company has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist the Legal Department with its search for an Associate General Counsel to lead the Corporate & Compliance team. This legal executive will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer and will manage a team of four professionals.
The ideal candidate will possess –10+ years of corporate securities, governance and cross border M&A experience. Top law firm experience servicing emerging growth or publicly traded technology companies is required. This position is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and will provide work location flexibility.
Corporate, Securities & Governance
- Oversee all corporate securities and SEC reporting and compliance matters, including SEC periodic reports, proxy statements, registration statements, Section 16 filings, and conflict minerals reporting. Includes: advice on Regulation S-K, Regulation FD, Non-GAAP measures disclosure and risk factors.
- Oversee preparation of annual proxy statement, including preparing executive compensation tables and managing outside vendor relationships (transfer agent, advisory firms) and planning and execution of the annual stockholders meeting.
- Collaborate with the Chief Legal Officer to manage the company’s stockholder engagement program.
- Prepare board and committee materials, manage meetings and serve as assistant corporate secretary.
- Support Stock Administration on equity incentive plan administration.
- Manage and lead global equity compliance and issues. Advise Stock Administration on global equity matters.
- Provide legal support for Treasury activities, including share repurchases, corporate finance and capital market transactions.
- Provide legal support for the company’s ESG and corporate social responsibility program.
- Over the management of all global subsidiaries.
- Be a strategic partner to the corporate development and executive team and oversee the legal aspects of the company’s M&A program.
- Participate in strategic projects, financings, transactions and initiatives, as required.
- Develop and maintain the company’s governance and compliance program, including the formulation and administration of the company’s code of business conduct, anti-corruption policy, insider trading policy, and related party transaction policy.
Culture fit with our client and the legal department is essential. This lawyer must have the proven ability to develop collaborative working relationships with internal partners and external customers. The successful candidate will also work efficiently and independently with confidence and manage his/her own workload. In addition, s/he must possess excellent strategic, organizational and presentation skills, business acumen and sense of awareness and confidence to successfully negotiate deals and work with the legal team and other cross-functional teams.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a high-quality company in an important role. Our client offers an attractive compensation package for the qualified candidate.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.