Our client, a leading global provider of cloud and software platforms, has exclusively engaged Solutus Legal to assist the executives with their search for a skilled, business-oriented attorney who will support the legal function in a variety of business transactions and legal matters including licensing, intellectual property and data rights, procurement, services and other legal matters in the context of the company’s strategy, products and end user markets.
The ideal candidate will possess 3 – 6+ years of technology, licensing and technology transactions experience. Experience at both a National law firm and in-house at a software or platform company is preferred. Patent transactions and/or patent litigation experience is a plus.
• Drafting, analyzing and negotiating agreements, including in-bound and outbound licensing, supply-side transactions, statements of work, non-disclosure agreements, and
consulting and development agreements and related matters.
• Research and advise on a full range of legal issues including regulatory developments and updates in a variety of jurisdictions and prepare related legal memoranda and
• Respond to various business matters and timely escalate issues, as necessary, with ability to assess and apply appropriate legal judgment and problem-solving skills to
achieve business objectives.
• Interpret contracts, prepare contract summaries and work with attorneys and business partners on implementing contract requirements and compliance.
• Support legal initiatives related to IP programs, including training sessions and administration of IP portfolio.
• Support legal team in programs for data privacy compliance and related cross-functional initiatives.
• Assist with contract records management, including drafting and/or updates to standard commercial agreements and contracts clause playbook to support the legal function.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, responsive, business-minded and team-oriented. H/She will have a willingness to roll-up his or her sleeves and pitch in and will work effectively and collaboratively within a dynamic and growing environment. This person will have excellent legal judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills and a demonstrated maturity and the ability to work self-sufficiently to prioritize and manage workload and close projects against tight deadlines.
Compensation is competitive and includes bonus.
Local candidates (San Francisco Bay Area) only. Solutus Legal has been engaged on an exclusive basis to conduct this search. Interested candidates must submit their resumes directly to Solutus for consideration to email@example.com.