Our client, a world-leading artificial intelligence-enabled cybersecurity company, is currently expanding its legal organization to accommodate a rapidly-growing sales team, customer base and accelerating revenue. The company has an immediate opening for an Associate Corporate Counsel with 1-4 years of legal experience (law firm and/or in-house). This position offers significant potential, fast-paced career development, and numerous opportunities for personal achievement. The company was recently named one of Fast Company’s 50 “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
In this role as an Associate Corporate Counsel, you will work closely with the company’s US-based in-house counsel and other members of the legal team. Your responsibilities will include:
• Commercial Contracts: Assisting in preparing and facilitating the completion of commercial contracts with the company’s growing customer base. Ensuring appropriate contract authorization. Assisting in processing. Preparing amendments to contracts.
• Operations Support: Working with teams across the company including Finance, Human Resources, and Facilities to ensure ongoing support of company operations.
• Legal Research: Conducting legal research as needed.
• Project Management: Driving progress on legal team projects and helping out wherever needed. Actively working on improving processes with the goal of positively impacting the legal team as the company grows and scales.
• Strategic Initiatives. Supporting the legal team on a variety of projects, involving various other areas of law, potentially including intellectual property, privacy, and related fields.
• JD from an accredited, top law school and member in good standing of the California State Bar (RIHC is acceptable).
• Relevant legal experience, with demonstrated interest in venture capital finance, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, intellectual property and technology transactions, or similar fields. In-house experience not necessary but may be advantageous.
• Experience drafting documents, supporting and advising teams in commercial transactions.
• Have a strong work ethic, be highly motived and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth private company environment. Ability to work independently on a variety of projects; ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines and be proactive.
• Meticulous attention to detail, and excellent communication skills, including both oral and written.
• Be able to produce excellent work product on a consistent basis, while under pressure from stakeholders.
• Must be comfortable interacting with all levels of the company’s personnel, including management, building relationships across teams and across our offices. Experience working on teams across offices and across time zones is essential.
• Be willing to travel within the U.S. as required to fulfil the duties of this role, with occasional trips to the head office in the UK.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. For those candidates interested in learning more, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.