Our client, a late-stage private company that is a leader in cloud infrastructure automation, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal in its search to add a talented and energetic in-house counsel to provide commercial and general operational support. Initial report to the General Counsel (who is fantastic!). The company is growing rapidly and this is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor. The position is based in San Francisco.
• Support sales and other internal client organizations in structuring commercial transactions and negotiating commercial agreements with customers and vendors.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including finance, sales ops, tech ops, other internal stakeholders to provide contracting expertise and ensure consistency and compliance with company policies and processes.
• Help update contract templates and forms, draft global corporate policies and processes, ensure regulatory compliance, and develop training materials on various topics.
• Advise on vendor relationships and risk-management issues.
Requirements / Skills:
• 1-4 years of relevant legal experience, ideally in a software company and/or in a law firm counseling high-growth technology companies. Our client will also consider and train successful and motivated corporate or litigation associates looking to retool or broaden their practice.
• Accredited law degree from a highly-regarded school.
• Admission to the bar and a current license in one or more states.
• Knowledge of software industry; experience with open source is beneficial.
• Substantive experience drafting and negotiating legal agreements (licensing, sales, procurement, NDAs, M&A etc.); experience with other internal company functions or areas of law a plus (e.g. intellectual property, privacy and employment).
• Experience collaborating with different functional groups on complex contract negotiations.
• Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
• Ability to forge strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
• Skilled at multi-tasking and working independently with minimal supervision, while thriving in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Practical and creative problem-solving skills.
Our client is looking for a motivated attorney with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation for this exceptional opportunity. The company embraces diversity and equal opportunity. They are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and believe an inclusive culture makes them a better company.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. For those candidates interested in learning more, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.