Assistant GC – Governance, Transactions & Finance - Downers Grove, IL or Milwaukee, WI (flexibility re remote work)
Our client is the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the U.S. and has exclusively retained Solutus to find a highly motivated corporate and M&A attorney to join its busy and growing legal team. This attorney will be a member of the Governance, Transactions & Finance group within the Legal Department and will report to the Associate General Counsel. The ideal candidate will have 5 to 8 years of inhouse and/or law firm experience doing acquisition and divestiture transactions, preferably in the context of healthcare systems or other highly regulated industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on primary responsibility for strategic and impactful transactions, while interfacing with company’s most senior legal and business executives. The Associate General Counsel will has have responsibility for certain corporate governance matters, IP management, and regulatory compliance. In summary, job duties include:
- Drafting and negotiating acquisition and divestiture agreements (e.g., asset purchase agreements, partnership agreements, and operating agreements), including in the context of physician-related transactions involving practice groups, ambulatory surgery centers, and physician partnerships;
- Running and overseeing due diligence processes in acquisition and divestiture transactions;
- Preparing corporate governance documents and address corporate law compliance matters;
- Counseling and oversight on tax and tax-exempt issues (expertise not required);
- Working with outside counsel to manage and advise on trademark, copyright, and other IP matters;
- Advise on corporate matters for the company’s Foundation and Charitable Function;
- Interface effectively with governmental and other regulatory agencies to protect the best interests of the company.
The ideal candidate will possess a lot of initiative and be able to work with a good deal of autonomy. The team is cordial and collegial and values positive relationships and teamwork. Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and license to practice law in either Illinois or Wisconsin are required. Remote work is possible. Compensation is competitive.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.